TrueBeam™ STx for Breast Cancer
Radiation therapy is used to treat breast cancer painlessly and non-invasively. During treatment, high-energy X-rays are delivered to a patient’s breast cancer safely and effectively. Side effects are usually minimal, and most patients return to routine activities immediately after each treatment. Radiation therapy serves as an effective treatment for breast cancer, working within cancer cells to damage their ability to multiply. Several factors determine candidacy for radiation therapy treatment including the stage of the cancer, potential side effects, age and overall health. Sometimes a combination of treatments is the best plan for treating breast cancer.
Key Advantages of Stereotactic RadioSurgery for Breast Cancer
- Treats patients in 5 or fewer visits, depending on tumor size, volume, and location
- Constantly corrects for patient/tumor movement throughout treatment, ensuring radiation beams are always locked on tumor during treatment
- Respiratory tracking feature requires no breath-holding or respiratory gating by patient
- Reaches tumors from virtually unlimited directions with robotic mobility
- Enables clinicians to maximize and conform the dose to the tumor target while limiting radiation exposure to surrounding healthy tissue
- Outpatient procedure, little or no recovery time and minimal side effects
- Requires no anesthesia
- Allows for an immediate return to normal activities
Speak with one of our dedicated team members about how we can help today.